NewMinster::Omaha–A community of missionaries, embedded in neighborhoods, existing as a bridge between the church and the world, for the health, growth and movement of the church across America.
Vision—expressing our responsibility to the Kingdom
Be and develop missional leaders for the church. (Revelation 6:9-10)
Mission Purpose and Call
Our role for the Kingdom is centered on being and developing missional leaders for the Church that is and the church that needs to be by living incarnationally as “sent ones” in local neighborhoods. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we create relational and teaching environments of discovery and holistic transformation, so that leaders may be empowered, churches may be multiplied, and our cities may be transformed.
As a Missional Expression of the Church, our call is to:
- The holistic development of missional leaders for the sake of the church that is and the church that needs to be.
- The development of relationships with those outside the reach of the current Church to the end of planting and creating other new expressions of church.
We live towards these as apostolic leaders from the posture and empowerment of a covenanted community.
Values—expressing our covenant relationship with the King
- Holism: Proclaiming a holistic gospel, expressed in word, deed and power in the balance of worship, community and mission for the formation of whole people.
- Covenant Community: Living in shared rhythms and proximity to one another as we do life together so that we will be an incarnational presence within a designated context and neighborhood
- Movement: Creating fresh sustainable expressions of Church, both local and apostolic
- Development: Having a bias toward training and growth and life-long learning for ourselves, apprentices and all who encounter our community
- Fun: Enjoying play with one another and with God
- Listening. Existing in a posture of abiding in Christ and listening to the Holy Spirit before we do ministry. Listening to those around us, both in the community and those we encounter in our neighborhood
- Hospitality. Inviting in and creating space in our homes, neighborhoods and 3rd places where people can experience the Gospel first hand.